Sunday, October 11, 2009

Can I lie on my U.S visa form about a trivial arrest and get away with it?

I have been to summer camp before and plan to return this summer. I'm all set to go, have my contract, the problem is...I've just been told that I have to declare ANY arrests ever, and that this would slow my visa application down to the extent I wouldn't be able to go back to camp.





All I did was pick a few flowers for my mums birthday from the town display. Caught on CCTV the poilce argued theft but even they told me I almost certainly wouldn't be prosecuted. My options are I own up to the arrest and don't get to go or I put down I've neverr been arrested before and hope it is not picked up. The police officer in question almost hinted to me to try and get away with it but I'm a bit concerned about lying or pleading ignorance on a visa form! If I 'fail' to note down this trivial arrest which didn't lead to a conviction does anyone know what my chances of getting my visa again is? (I've had one for the past 2 years and was hoping that as a result I wouldn't be too heavily scrutinised?

Can I lie on my U.S visa form about a trivial arrest and get away with it?
If you're caught on this form, you'll most likely never be able to get one again. Own up to it.
Reply:Sounds like a terrible idea...don't snowball your troubles with lying.



affiliate reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive